Developed by 3D4Medical in collaboration with Stanford University School of Medicine.
As featured in the WWDC 2012 Keynote Speech.
This is a major upgrade and contains 215 movement animations, 425 audio pronunciations, 548 isolated muscle images and 548 muscle Insertion and Origin map images.
For a 2 minute overview of how this app works - please visit: http://applications.3d4medical.com/muscle_pro.php
This app is by far the the most comprehensive musculoskeletal system on the market.
• 360 horizontal degree rotation of any body part - all easily controlled with your mouse.
• Rotate vertically for inferior and superior views (where applicable) - with the swipe of your mouse.
• 10 layers of superficial and deep muscle.
• New 3D level with insertion / origin points mapped onto bone.
• 548 images of every muscles' insertion and origin points mapped onto the bone
• 215 animations of every movement of each articulation (e.g. flexion, extension, abduction, adduction, etc)
• 2 types of Quiz, Drag and Drop and Multi-choice.
• 425 audio pronunciations, for every label.
• Draw on any screen image and then share it through email, Facebook or Twitter.
OTHER NEW FEATURES:
• Full Screen Mode: One click and the app fills the screen.
• Interface: Completely rebuilt to allow for simple navigation.
• Graphical Hints: On screen hints that can be turned on or off, for a complete understanding of all the app's features.
• Mix layers: Make one layer semitransparent to compare against another layer.
• Public Notes: Post or browse through shared public notes.
• Double-click to zoom: Zoom in to and identify any region or muscle by clicking on the screen.
• Super Zoom and Pan: When zoomed in to an area, you can double-click again for a super zoom. To move the image, just press and hold your right-click button.
• Customize Pins: Add your own pins and notes or add notes to existing pins.
• Jump to a different area of the body: Jump to a different body area by clicking its area or dragging the white box on the full body thumbnail.
• Customize the app: Using the settings function the user can choose which pins appear within the app - customize to different levels, i.e. high school, nurses etc.
This app’s primary use is as a learning tool but can also be used as a fast and innovative reference tool by utilizing the index function which allows the user to select a muscle and the app will automatically zoom in and identify it. Additionally, this app is ideal for physicians, educators or professionals in helping to locate a muscle and / or explain its relevance for certain conditions, ailments and injuries.