SkyORB 2021 Astronomy for macOS is your gateway to exploring the depths of the solar system and beyond.
This comprehensive astronomy software allows you to chart the stars, planets, and celestial bodies, including comets and asteroids, and embark on a voyage through space.
- Precise Location: Adjust your observation point with manual latitude and longitude inputs or effortlessly through Location Services.
- Astronomy Calendar: Keep track of upcoming celestial events and stay updated with the latest astronomy news.
- Sun and Moon Data: Access sunrise and sunset times, moonrise and moonset times, and full/new moon dates, all generated automatically.
- Immersive 3D Planetarium: Explore a 3D interface that features planets, satellites, and a variety of viewing options. Photorealistic textures and visuals bring celestial bodies to life.
- Solar System Animation: Observe a real-time or accelerated 3D animation of the solar system, complete with facts about each planet.
- Interactive Sky Map: Enjoy a 3D sky map that depicts the positions of planets, stars, constellations, deep space objects, comets, and satellites. Real-time precession keeps you updated.
- Comets and Satellites: Monitor the trajectories of comets and satellites with access to six different databases, including the IAU Minor Planet Center.
- World Map Sun Clock: Track the sun's movement with a world map sun clock, showing sunrise and sunset times.
- Multi-Touch Support: Some devices offer multi-touch support, allowing zoom-in and zoom-out through pinching gestures.
- Universal Search: Easily search for celestial objects and locations.
- Weather Data: Access weather information based on your location.
- macOS Features: Benefit from macOS-specific features, such as push notifications for important astronomy news and a Today widget to receive updates on astronomy events and observations near you.
- Customizable Location: Use your personal location to enhance star chart rendering.
This app is officially supported on the following Mac models:
- MacBook Pro (mid 2012 and newer)
- MacBook Air (mid 2012 and newer)
- MacBook (early 2015 and later)
- iMac (2014 or newer)
- iMac Pro (2017 or newer)
- Mac Pro (late 2013 or newer, or mid-2010 and mid-2012 models with Metal-capable GPU)
- Mac Mini (late 2012 or newer)
Please note that all 21.5" iMacs with Nvidia 750M and 755M graphics cards, although 'Metal' capable, are not supported.