The Camera Control for GoPro Hero cameras allows you to control GoPro Hero cameras over Wifi/WLAN and displays live video preview.
!!! Please use the alternative app "Camera Remote for GoPro": http://www.cameraremote.de/gopro
+++ Supported models +++
- Hero 5 models
- Hero 4 models (including Hero 4 Session)
- All Hero 3 models including White/Silver/Black Edition and Hero 3+ models
- Hero 2 with Wifi BacPac
+++ Features +++
- Live preview
- Change GoPro Hero settings (for example resolution, ProTune, white balance, frame rate, sound, LED, etc.)
- Start/stop recording
- Switch modes
- Use shortcut keys to power on/off and start/stop recording
- Hero 4/5: Tag moments
- Support for new Hero 4 pairing mode
- Streaming enabler for 3rd party apps (like ffplay, VLC, etc.)
+++ Live preview with Hero 4 and 5 cameras +++
If you cannot see the live preview then make sure that the macOS firewall does not block the UDP port 8554 (details: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201642).
+++ Installation instructions +++
- Enable Wifi ("app" or "phone+tablet" mode) on your GoPro Hero.
- Connect your GoPro using Wifi to your Mac. The default GoPro Wifi password is "goprohero".
+++ Connection problems +++
If the GoPro cannot be controlled with the app or the preview does not work then completely power off the GoPro by removing both the USB cable and the battery.
+++ Disclaimer +++
This app is an alternative app for controlling GoPro Hero cameras. We are not affiliated with GoPro Inc. in any way.