Microsoft Word For Mac remains the #1 word processor for most of the planet. So whether you’re composing business letters, bios or even song lyrics, learn to harness the powerful tools that this ubiquitous text software has to offer...
In this course, you start from the very beginning of launching and personalizing your copy of Microsoft Word and end up learning enough of the basics to be able to produce attractive and professional single-page business documents… namely business letters.
After a quick look at what’s available, you jump right in and learn the basic functionality of the menu system, toolbars and the new, improved Ribbon. Here, you also explore other handy tools like the media browser and scrapbook to help speed you up to save time and energy.
Once you are familiar with the “landscape” and “equipment” of Word, you begin the “heavy lifting” of entering and manipulating your text. With text now in your document, you then get a chance to explore the exciting “superpowers” of character formatting and text effects. While not explored in depth in this course, here’s where you also get a glimpse of the powerful 3D functionality now available in MS Word, among other things.
Finally, to cap everything off with a “mini-project”, you use the Letter Wizard to generate a draft of your first “automatic” business letter using Microsoft Word 2011!
Watch all the courses in our growing Microsoft Office for Mac series and increase your office knowledge and productivity!
Table of contents:
1. Course Overview
2. Installing and Launching MS Word for the First Time
3. Creating New Documents from Templates
4. Opening, Saving and Closing Documents
5. Introduction to Menus
6. Some Keyboard Shortcuts
7. Working with Toolbars
8. Using the Ribbon
9. The Sidebar, Toolbox and Media Browser
10. Document Views
11. Navigation Inside & Between Documents
12. Entering Text
13. Inserting and Deleting Text
14. Selecting and Editing Text
15. Cutting, Copying and Pasting Text
16. The MS Office Scrapbook
17. Undo, Redo and Repeat
18. Find and Replace
19. Character Formatting Basics - Part 1
20. Character Formatting Basics - Part 2
21. Creating Letters with the Letter Wizard - Part 1
22. Creating Letters with the Letter Wizard - Part 2