Waiting for sleeping disks to wake up can be a frustrating experience for DJs, video/audio editors, musicians, and motion graphics designers who frequently work with media files located on multiple disks.
Disksomnia 4.0 periodically writes a file to keep any local disk awake, including those that stubbornly ignore Energy Saver preferences.
- Disksomnia now runs as a menu bar app with extremely low overhead and easy access to Preferences.
- By default, Disksomnia will write to disks every 55 seconds but you can now set a custom period (up to 999 seconds) to suit your particular disks.
- Icon animates when disks are being written to and there’s a countdown indicator to the next write.
- Easily select which disks are kept awake.
- Disksomnia can run all the time or only when selected applications are running. Perfect if you only need disks to be kept awake when editing audio or video.